824 University Ave : Howry-Wright-Purser House [OTM]
Construction on the house originally began in 1836 by Judge J.M. Howry, who didn’t entirely complete the residence until after the Civil War. The house was later sold to Dr. Patrick Wright, who decided to remove all the front columns on the house in exchange for a porch. Later, his daughter would return the home to its original design (columns included).
Regarding the landscape, most of the original trees surrounding the house were chopped down during the Civil War by Grant’s soldiers, and used for firewood when they camped on the grounds.
Oxford Time Machine (aka. OTM) highlights ‘then-and-now’ photos of the surrounding community. It’s a hobby project of ours : )